Sunday 28 November 2010

IFTS Part Deux




Cool stuff abounds at the Symposium and I for one can see why so many people go back year after year... it is an enlarged family and one I am grateful to have been welcomed into. I met some amazing folk who tie flies that are just out of this world. I can't list them all... I'd just end up insulting someone.

However, I'll mention a couple of cool items...

Number one... the vise I tied on and brought home... Regal Revolution with the tube fly adapter and spare standard jaws. The vise is a WOW! Well built and user friendly, it will undoubtedly see me off this planet and allow generations after me to tie as well.

Number two... the much coveted Ekich Bobbin... WOW 2! If you think it is expensive I assure you that when you use it you'll see that it isn't expensive at all... the first time I tied with it I was astounded that a bobbin could have bells and whistles on it! And Faruk is one of the nicest guys you could ever meet. Genius!

No comments: