Friday 13 December 2013

Trevor Jones... a Welsh fly tying wizard joins the BUG-BOND team!

 
Photo: Trevor Jones by Barry Ord Clarke

I'm delighted to announce that the much admired and well known Welsh fly tyer Trevor Jones has joined the BUG-BOND Pro-Tying Team. I have met Trevor at the British Fly Fair on a couple of occasions... and we've conversed a fair bit on social media as well. 

Trevor's ability was summed up in a conversation I had with another highly respected fly tyer.. "He's one of the best technical tyers there is to be found!"

It says it all... a great addition to the team!






Here's a piece on Trevor by Trevor...

“My name is Trevor Jones, I live in North Wales, I have been a fly fisherman & fly tyer almost as long as I could walk, I still vividly remember my first fish, Since that first fish, several more have done me the honour of coming to my net and certainly for the last 40+ years they have been taken on flies which I have tied myself.

During my lifetime I have seen many, many things and new innovations in fly tying, but the exciting thing about fly tying is there is still so much to be discovered and learnt.

The great passion in my sporting life is being able to help others discover the joys of fly-tying & fly-fishing, to that end, I have be invited as guest flytyer at many fly fairs throughout Europe, these include; the Swedish, Finnish, Dutch, Irish & British fly fairs, plus many other more local events during the year.

My fly fishing has also been quite diverse, I have represented Wales on three occasions in both European & Commonwealth Championships, Captaining my country on one occasion.

I have for many years, coached and guided many people in the art of fly fishing, but my proudest moments were being ask to coach the South African fly fishing team prior to a commonwealth championships, I was again honoured to be asked to guide for the Australian fly fishing team in 2011.

Not everyone will have the opportunity to guide or coach a national team, It was a great honour, but, the opportunity is open to all, to enjoy the most fulfilling sport on this planet. As you will see from the photos, my fly tying is quite diverse, small spider patterns or Salmon patterns, but above all I tie flies to catch fish, with materials which are readily available to everyone, I see little point in demonstrating a fly knowing people CANNOT get the materials.


Tight lines to all Trevor “

Welcome to the team Trevor!

No comments: