Friday 2 November 2012

The 100% BUG-BOND Egg


The 100% BUG-BOND Egg... that's a mouthful... it's not a pattern of mine - its an enhancement of a pattern that was shown to me by Alan Hill at a show in Dublin when we were both tying there... that egg was a killer for Alan in a series of competitions picking up Grayling. That pattern was then passed to Hywel Morgan who fished it and has subsequently included it in his River Patterns DVD...


Wind the clock back as Hywel's DVD is not long out... I was tying at a show at Glasgow Angling Centre September 2011 and one of the lads from the shop showed me the 100% BUG-BOND Egg but with a translucent yolk sac. As above from October last year... Now that wasn't the end of the story... I was talking to Andy Larkin from British Columbia (a Bug-Bond user) who told me he used hot coloured tungsten beads as the yolk sac...

And that still isn't the end of the story... Barry Ord Clarke has a piece in his blog the feather bender on his version called the Grayling Heroe - Trout Egg.... which follows on from his Sperm Covered Egg Fly of approx 15 years ago made of hot melt glue.

Perhaps I will come clean on eggs-actly how I made my egg fly and provide a step by step...

What I will say is... based on observations and comments from folk who have tried the egg fly using alternative resins... its dead easy with BUG-BOND!



No comments: