Sunday 24 January 2010

Hey you could stir fry these boys...


Well I got my new toy on Friday and I gave it a road test over the weekend...

The toy? Oh, a Griffin Montana Mongoose rotary vise (the cam model)... Nick Granato from the States said the 'Goose was good and he wasn't wrong... the tip with the reel oil was a good call... I've never had a rotary before and this made all the difference!
It was a bit of a baptism of fire as I had to tie 12 flies for the UK Saltwater Fly Forum January swap... I decided to do the shrimp pattern... broadly happy... number 12 was the best by far!
All tied on Tiemco 811s... 3mm seed eyes on 40lb mono - dipped in Bug-Bond and cured. Danville's shrimp floss was used along with a grizzle hackle, two strands of pink funky krystal, pink funky fibre and bucktail feelers... Bug-Bond shell back to finish!!!
I'm off for a well earned drink!

1 comment:

All about the grab said...

Great looking shrimps David...I'll be putting up mine tomorrow with tutorial as well.