Wednesday 10 March 2010

Newark Spring Fly Fair





I've never been on the other side of the table on tyers row before... what a fantastic experience!

It gave me the opportunity to meet up with some fantastic fly tyers from across the globe and to see what everyone else is tying. Over the course of the next few days I'll post up some photos from the weekend... or maybe into the Flickr photostream and put a link here.

It was a combination of late nights and early mornings and the craic was good... a few relevant photos today... Lawrence Finney and one of his nymphs and Dylan Hooley aged 11.
Lawrence tied one of his tazer wire nymphs and came to me to have Bug-Bond applied to the back and to the body... click on the link and you'll see just how encased it is!
Dylan Hooley... his parents Stuart and Vicky own Fly Only and Dylan is one of the nicest kids you'll come across, a great credit to his mum and dad. The salmon flies this lad ties are out of this world and it is great to see such aptitude and application in someone of his age. I swapped one of my sand eels for a shrimp that he'd tied at the show... now here is a dilemma. Do I fish it or do I keep it?
I'll fish it!

No comments: